Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Kid in the Candy Store

Thanks again for your well-wishes and prayers for my semi-annual trip to Dallas for coursework. As always, the class has been excellent. We are learning how to most effectively conduct our research projects to prepare for our individual dissertations. Most importantly, I have learned how to effectively conduct a great deal of that research from the comforts of Dublin, which is crucial considering that the nearest library with theological volumes is in Macon, and the nearest library with rigorous theological scholastic volumes is in Atlanta.

I have also passed three major milestones this week in doing research - my topic has been informally approved, I have secured my advisor for the research, and I have secured my "second reader." The second reader is a good friend and mentor with whom I was on staff in California, Dr. Dave Talley. I am thrilled and surprised that he is finding the time to help me with my project.

I am like the kid in the candy store - theologians everywhere, and all of them have something to teach me.

No comments: