Wednesday, August 26, 2009

An Experiment for You to be Involved with Sermon Preparation

I'm just toying with an idea, and I welcome your feedback.

The idea is simple. Three or four times a week, I would post a video question on this blog related to passages and topics that have to do with the upcoming sermon. You can click on the passage to get the relevant Scripture handy, then click "Play," and then get a question that will be addressed in the sermon coming up on Sunday.

There is a place for you to add your own comments and thoughts on the blog, and discuss together online what you think the answer to the question might be.

I will not give the answer on the blog! I don't want to pre-empt your discussion.

There are a few questions posted already for you to check out and experiment with along with me. Just look at other recent posts on this blog. (Sadly, the thumbnail picture that the blog randomly chooses from the video feed is not always a flattering shot of me!)

If you are reading this blog through Facebook, the video won't carry over into the Facebook blog mirror. So, just go to http://colbykinser.blogspot.com and help yourself.

Again, this is just an idea I'm toying with. I'm curious to see what happens if you have a running dialog with my sermon preparation process.

As always, I'm open to constructive criticism.

No comments: